Higher Ground Community Services Limited was established in 2011 from a desire to help communities look better and feel safer in response to a frustration at the poor quality provided by some grounds maintenance companies.
Our directors are all retired senior police officers, health and public sector officials who share a wider aim: “To help communities stay safe and flourish”.
Our overall business model and philosophy are borne of our professional experience of how a high quality environment is fundamental to delivering safer, happier, healthier and ultimately more sustainable communities.
Our experience of:
- how a badly maintained communal area gives a poor impression of a neighbourhood;
- how litter on the ground makes the dropping of litter easier and more likely;
- how a broken street light leads to an increased fear of crime – particularly for the elderly;
- how a broken fence can lead to a broken window and ultimately;
- how an unchecked series of otherwise minor issues can lead to a downward spiral within a community – adversely affecting the health, well-being and economic prosperity of those who live there!
If you believe in the kind of communities that we do, maybe it’s time to move to Higher Ground!